Warhawk Bundle helps students save money

Cameron Jett

Going to college is expensive and doesn’t leave much time to make money. Even with good scholarships or grants, a lot of students still find themselves spending at least a couple thousand dollars a semester. 

While the countless fees and high prices of housing and meal plans hurt my bank account more than anything, the most annoying transactions are always books and the insanely expensive access codes that some classes require. 

Thankfully, the Warhawk book bundle makes me hate buying books a little bit less. 

It’s a feature that I planned to opt out of whenever it was first announced until I gave it some thought. 

If I know a class is going to require an access code and another professor is going to actively quiz the class based on the textbooks, there is no reason to not go ahead and buy them all together and save some money overall. 

If you only have a class or two that actually requires software or books, then just opt out and buy what you need. But if you’re going to need multiple access codes and books, the bundle is a no-brainer. 

And, at least in my case, you actually get a physical copy of the book to go along with the software. No more awkwardly navigating from an assignment to the text to find information. 

Also, studying feels practical again. I don’t have to wait on my computer to boot up or use an app on my phone that I’ll exit as soon as a text pops up. Getting a book with software has always been an option, but it’s always the most expensive option. 

Nearly all of the books are rentals, which isn’t an issue. I wasn’t planning on reading a textbook about interpersonal communication or the principles of biology after finals week anyways. 

My only complaint about the bundle is that it just became a thing while many other schools have had a similar option for years.