Hawkeye staff’s favorite bad horror movies

Cameron’s Pick

This abomination of filmmaking carries all the ingredients needed for a bad movie. The acting is hilariously uninspired, and the budget for the film couldn’t be more than $20 and a half-eaten bag of gummy worms. The inconsistencies and errors will give you plenty to laugh at. Have fun trying to keep up with the convoluted, illogical plot that goes off the rails at the climax. 

Beau’s Pick

If every rose has its thorn, then consider “Shaun of the Dead” the most painful thorn on the rose of 2004 cinema. The comedy is 80% the actors being British and 20% dry humor. If you’ve seen any zombie apocalypse movie, you’ve seen “Shaun of the Dead.” The gore also seems excessive for a comedy film. Sitting through this movie will feel like an apocalypse, and after the brain rot this film causes, you’ll feel like a zombie.

Carley’s Pick

Welcome to the shark side. Of course, “Shark Side of the Moon” has terrible acting and even worse dialogue. The plot makes you question your sanity. Eventually, the idea of evil sharks on the moon fighting against humanity seems normal. And with its terrible effects, you’ll never know the movie was released just last year. Altogether, it’s a train wreck you can’t look away from.

Zoe’s Pick

Imagine a cheesy “Jaws” remake with vicious crocodiles and a cameo from Betty White. Well, the 1999 classic “Lake Placid” will exceed your already-low expectations. A cinematic masterpiece, “Lake Placid” is a bloodbath featuring severed toes, scuba diving and a blindfolded cow suspended from a helicopter. The film begs the question: How much money was Betty White paid to appear in this movie?