Spooky activities on campus this Halloween

Trunk or Treat

No one is too old to trick or treat. College students can participate in this age-old Halloween tradition at ULM’s Trunk or Treat. Trunks full of candy and trick-or-treaters will fill the parking lot of Brown Hall this Monday. Different RSOs on-campus will be handing out candy and sweet treats to families and friends. Dress up in your favorite costume and experience a much-needed sugar high before spooky season is over. 

Movie Night

Horror fans can join the Cultural Diversity Council for a Halloween-themed movie night. The CDC will be screening “The Blackening,” which parodies horror tropes and slasher films. This self-aware movie will keep audiences guessing, making a memorable and fun viewing experience. The CDC will also provide free popcorn, drinks and snacks. Whether you like horror movies or comedies, be sure to swing by the CDC movie night.

Haunted House

The Catholic Campus Ministries will shift into a haunted house this Halloween. Your friends will become foes as CCM members transform into scarers. Donning elaborate costumes and prosthetics, students will roam the halls and scare anyone in their path. Featuring copious amounts of blood, gore and jump scares, the haunted house will delight any thrill-seeking students. Visit the chilling halls of the CCM, if you dare.

Murder Mystery Dinner

When a murder occurs at Jay Glittersby’s Halloween Party, amateur detectives and honors students will be on the case. The Honors Program is hosting its annual murder mystery dinner on Nov. 1. After taking the elevator to the terrace, students will be thrown into a story full of plot twists and grisly murders. Students can even volunteer as actors for the dinner. Solve the mystery before time runs out or you become the killer’s next victim.