5 interesting electives for your spring schedule

Video Production

Everyone has thought at least once about starting a Vodcast or a YouTube channel. COMM 2052 will teach you the ins and outs of filmography, ranging from lighting to camera movements. Take this class if you want to know how to produce high-quality videos. Christopher Mapp teaches Video Production on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.

Ceramics

Learning how to create art from the earth rewards your soul. In ART 2007, you’ll understand how to fire and glaze clay using different techniques, such as wheel throwing. A nice bonus is that you can make some new decor for your dorm. Megan L. Smith teaches Beginning Ceramics in Bry Hall on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.

Forensics

Fans of “Forensic Files” can take this class to understand the science behind their favorite TV show. CJUS 2033 will explain the scientific processes used to identify criminals and victims. Students can learn about DNA testing, crime scene investigation and toxicology. The best part is the course is taught online by Nathan Moran. 

Jazz

As Lady Gaga said, “Just dance, gonna be okay.” Get some much-needed stress relief this spring by taking Jazz Dance I. DANC 1014 helps students learn the techniques, styles and execution of jazz. Steven D. Burnside teaches this class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

Greek and Roman Mythology

If you continue to reread the “Percy Jackson” novels, the College of Humanities has created the perfect course for you. ENGL 3093 focuses on Greek and Roman mythology, including the tales of creation and legends of ancient heroes. Bryan Butler teaches ENGL 3093 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.