Hanna’s Hangout: Get sporty with it

Spring into sports games

Springtime doesn’t just bring showers and flowers; it also comes with exciting spring semester sports to go wild over. With many outdoor entertainment options, including baseball, water skiing, volleyball and so much more, there’s no excuse to be a couch potato this season.

You can watch the water ski team practicing in the afternoons on Bayou Desiard. Pop on a pair of sunglasses and settle in the grass to see their amazing jumps, spins and tricks while balancing on skis. Gearing up for their showcase during Spring Fever Week, the Water ski team will be on the water for all to see throughout March and April.

The baseball and softball teams are in the middle of a great season. You can grab a bag of popcorn, watch the ballgame and get a nice tan. Get into the spirit with a baseball cap from the bookstore or wear maroon and gold to rep your team.

Intramural sports and workout classes continue through the spring. You can watch your classmates play in intramural softball games or go to an exercise class at the Activity Center. Get in shape with a cardio class or relax and wind down with a serene yoga session.

Volleyball, basketball, tennis and several other sports will be finishing out the season. So, get out there and support your Warhawks with a cheer; it’s never too late to be ULM’s biggest fan.

If you have a topic or question that you would like to see in Hanna’s Hangout, email me at [email protected]