Hanna’s Hangout

Beat the summer heat
Hannas Hangout
Hanna Singh

The end of the semester leaves students with a newfound sense of freedom from classes, responsibilities and homework. It’s time to get out in the sun, soak up the fun and enjoy all the summer activities your college town has to offer.
You’ve most likely been constrained to jeans and t-shirts, thanks to the semester’s chilly weather. Spice up your summer wardrobe by picking out some new shorts, swimsuits or tank tops to make sure you get that perfect vacation tan. Check out all the local boutiques in Downtown Monroe or Antique Alley in West Monroe. 
Looking for a way to beat the heat? Monroe has many spots in town where you can get a cool treat. Drive through Eskamoe’s for a different kind of frozen dessert. Unlike ice cream, frozen custard is made fresh daily, and you can get any number of delicious toppings. You can also stop by Debbie’s Snoballs for an extra chilly treat with candies.
Don’t stay cooped up inside for dinner. You can dine on the water at many restaurants in Monroe. Get a perfect view of Bayou Desiard from your table at Catahoula’s while you enjoy a Warhawk Burger. You can also sip a cheery limeade and stuff your face with seafood nachos on the deck at Trapp’s.
Make sure you get outside and get some sun this summer. Your classmates won’t even recognize the tanned and relaxed summer version of you next fall.
That’s it for Hanna’s Hangout this semester. Thanks for a great year, Warhawks! If you have any suggestions for Hanna’s Hangout, contact Hanna Singh at [email protected].