EducateLA program wants YOU!

Non-profit orga­nization promotes higher education

A new non-profit organization is on the rise.

EducateLA is a non-profit orga­nization advocating the preserva­tion of higher education.

The mission is to gain support for higher education in Louisiana.

EducateLA has come togeth­er with universities and colleges across Louisiana to fight budget cuts being made to statewide ed­ucational costs.

The directors and students in­volved in the program plan on contacting state legislatures with the hopes that they will accept a pledge that protects and improves higher education.

J. Hudson, the president of Ed­ucateLA, said that the organiza­tion will give Louisiana students an opportunity to make their voices heard.

Hudson said, “We have to re­mind our legislators that students have the most at stake when it comes to the higher education budget.”

“It is the determination of whether our education, and ulti­mately our degree, means some­thing significant in the future.”

Although the program is new, students are already looking for­ward to its success.

Annie Park, freshman pre-pharmacy major from New Or­leans, is optimistic about Educa­teLA.

“The program will most like­ly be successful because results seem to come faster as a group,” Park said.

Karlynsia Mack, a junior health studies marketing and manage­ment major from Alexandria, is excited and looking forward to EducateLA.

Mack said, “If students take part in this, it could actually make a difference.”

Mack hopes that as many ULM students as possible become a part of the program.

The program is open to Loui­siana’s two and four year public universities and colleges.

Anyone wanting more informa­tion about EducateLA, including interest in membership, should call 318-447-8663 or email jford@ educate-la.org.