Warhawks defeat Red Wolves 8-7 in extra innings, tie series 1-1

WARHAWK FIELD – The ULM Warhawks (17-12, 5-6 SBC) are tied with ASU’s Red Wolves (13-20, 3-8 SBC) by a score of 7-7 in the bottom of the tenth inning. The Warhawks lost the first game of the weekend series by a score of 13-2.

Scoring first were the Warhawks, with a score by Jeremy Sy to put the Hawks up 1-0.

In the third inning, the Red Wolves came out storming, racking up four hits, with Zach George, Michael Faulkner, and Zach Maggio scoring for the Red Wolves.

In the fourth, the Hawks came back and scored four runs to make the game 5-3 in favor of ULM. Joey Rapp, Matt Laird, Les Aulds, and Shane Ardoin all tacked on runs to push the Hawks into the lead.

However, in the fifth inning, the Red Wolves stole the lead, thanks to runs by Faulkner, Maggio, and Castaldo, to push ASU up 6-5.

In the eighth inning, the Warhawks scored when a single hit by Caleb Clowers allowed two Warhawks to score, pushing the Hawks over the lead, making the game 7-6 in their favor.

In the top of the ninth, the Red Wolves got a break, as a single by Emery let Faulkner score to tie the game at 7-7.

In the tenth inning, the Hawks scored, thanks to a single by Rapp to let Les Aulds score to win the game 8-7.

The Warhawks will return to play against ASU on Sunday at 1 PM at Warhawk Field.