Student releases inspirational CD

ULM’s own Keldric “Kel” Bonton is releasing his new CD called“CP3” on Sept. 9.

Bonton, a senior mass communication major, got his inspiration for his new CD from different situations he’s gone through as not only a student, but as a man.

Bonton’s love of music began when his father introduced him to music at a young age. Because of this, he grew a strong appreciation for the art.

As a mass communication major, he plans to use his degree to advance his music. He wants to take on every piece of work that goes into this side of entertainment. Bonton said, “I want to be an all around artist, I want to do it all.”

Bonton’s talent doesn’t stop at rapping. He also has an ear for composing, something he hopes to use in conjunction with his own company called Flyy Guy Entertainment. He wants his company to become its own brand, and he’s looking for any and all kinds of genres of music.

“There’s no discrimination of any genre. My focus is really to make good music and make music that makes a difference in people’s lives,” he said.

Some things that mean a great deal to Bonton, are his supporters and God. He said his religion has a profound effect on him, which is why there is no profanity in his music. Bonton said, “It’s really important that I put God over everything.”

He goes on to say, “I have some of the best supporters, and it drives me to work harder. It makes me feel like I’m doing something right. I appreciate all the support from my fans. I love you all.”

Bonton’s CD, which features fellow ULM student Trey Parker, will be available for free download on his websites.