Miss Black, Gold pageant awards crown

left to right) Keonte Dotson, Chelsey Wilson and DeJacquanisha Nash stand as the winners of the Black and Gold pageant. Wilson took the crown as queen.

The Eta Chi Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. hosted their annual Miss Black and Gold Scholarship Pageant on Thursday in SUB Ballroom A featuring 8 contestants vying for the title of the next Miss Black and Gold.

The hosts of the show, Nathaniel Brown and Sharlesa Robertson, kept the audience entertained as contestants were judged in swimsuit, talent, evening wear, and onstage question.

The judges made a final decision to elect Chelsey Wilson, a freshman criminal justice major from Bossier City, La, as the next Miss Black and Gold.

Along with $500 in scholarship money, the queen will receive the opportunity to compete at the district (state) level in the spring of 2012, along with the winners from other colleges and universities. She also becomes a life long member of the “Eta Chi Family,” and will hold a special place in the tradition of Alpha.

[nggallery id=24]