Recent Music and Fashion

Music

Music recommendations from Jarred Denzel.

Ladies Love Cool James, and apparently so do the Grammys. Legendary rapper, LL Cool J will be the official host of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, which is scheduled to air on CBS.

This will be the first time in seven years that music’s biggest night has had a host. The two-time Grammy winner has hosted the Grammy Nominations Live concert since 2008, but this will be his first time hosting the actual awards ceremony. The most recent host in 2005 was another rap veteran and peer of LL Cool J, Queen Latifah.

The Grammys have had an array of hosts from TV personalities like Rosie O’Donnell to actor Billy Crystal. In an interview with mtv.com, LL Cool J, the rapper turned actor, shares his excitement saying, “I will always have fond memories of my first Grammy Awards and to now be hosting the Grammy show in the company of so many other incredible artists is a dream come true.”

Just like this year’s host, the Grammys are known for its star presence and powerful performances. Many of this year’s nominees will also be doubling as performers for the show. Among those scheduled to perform are pop singer Kelly Clarkson, country artist Taylor Swift, rapper Nicki Minaj and several others. Bruno Mars, also to perform, was nominated for Song of the Year, Album of the Year, as well as Record of the Year for “Grenade.”

With such an extensive line up it is easy to see why this is the biggest night for music. Tune in on Feb. 12 to see the winners, performers and stars of the most anticipated nightin music.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fashion

Fashion recommendations from Alicia Cook.

On Sunday Jan. 15, television, film and music icons were honored at the Golden Globes ceremony, where awards meet fashion. Actors and actresses were honored for their success, but some may consider it to be the biggest fashion show of the year. Well, next to fashion week, that is. It’s become known that fashion is considered the highlight of the night.

Viewers sat anxiously awaiting to see what glamorous or outrageous outfits might walk the red carpet. Who were the top faves of the night?

According to UsMagazine.com, the first on the list was Glee star Lea Michele who rocked a dazzling antique embroidered illusion dress by Marchesa paired with a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. Talk about sparkle! It’s just what you’d expect from this starlet.

How about the lovely Angelina Jolie who graced us with her beauty, strutting a sleek champagne satin one-shoulder Atelier Versace gown with a hint of red at the neckline.

Sofia Vergara showed off her curves with a dark blue mermaid style custom Vera Wang gown finished with 160 carats of Harry Winston jewels.

Studded belts might be a little played out, but actress Nicole Kidman wore a smoking silver studded Versace gown accenting all the right places.

One thing is for sure, these stars know how to keep viewers coming back for more, and the red carpet is sure to be the highlight of the night for years to come.