Knocking on NFL’s door

Several football players are training for the NFL pro day coming up this March. Nate Brown (DB), Troy Evans (DE), Lincston Jones (LB), Anthony Montgomery (OT), Darius Prelow (Safety), and Kenneth Dorsey (LB) are training at Athletic Republic in Monroe in hopes of catching the eyes of NFL scouts for the 2012 NFL Draft.
“These workouts are intense. They are a big strain on your body, but it’s a great environment, and the other guys push me to workout harder and get better every day,” Evans said.
At the Athletic Republic training facility, the players focus on their speed, agility, and they are training to improve their skills and to build consistency in every drill. Their training is led by ULM  graduate Stepfon Williams.
Williams said, “Every day they come in and give all they have, I’m expecting nothing but the best results by the time the pro day arrives.”
Dorsey said, “The training is tough and different from anything I’ve ever done before. When I leave here I just want to lie down and go sleep.”
The players said they are confident they will excel in every drill by the time March rolls around, and cite the success to the ultimate training they receive by working in small groups of three.
Dorsey said, “Most places train groups in sessions of four or more, and sometimes it’s hard for a trainer to connect on a personal basis with each client. That’s what sets Athletic Republic apart.”
Evans said, “I feel like adversity is a good thing. Some people might be scared of certain things, but I have faith and I know things will happen for the best.”
The pro day provides a chance for these players to fulfill a lifelong dream of playing in the NFL, but there is always that chance of being overlooked.
Dorsey said, “I feel as though I can bring an NFL team leadership, and also relentless play every chance I get.”