The Fray chosen for Spring Fever concert

The band for Spring Fever has been chosen… (Insert drum roll)… The Fray is coming to Monroe!
The Fray, who formed in 2002, gained much fame from their single “Over My Head (Cable Car)” and even more because of their next single, “How to Save a Life.” Both were off of their debut album. “ T h e Fray is a great band and for many have been a long time favorite! People love their music, and we are excited to see them live in concert,” said Ben Young, CAB (Campus Activities Board)  president and senior marketing major from Rayville. The Fray’s opening acts are still unknown. CAB will hold a competition in March for local bands to compete for the opportunity to open for The Fray. Although the band has just recently been selected to appear during Spring Fever week, the buzz has already spread through campus.
“As a freshman in college, I’m excited to see a popular band on campus. It’s something that freshmen don’t get to experience in high school,” said Jessica Simms, a freshman kinesiology major from Hillsborough, N.J. However, according to recent Facebook post, it’s obvious not all students are as enthusiastic with the choice of band.
“It’s cool that ULM got such a big name as The Fray to come, but I would have chosen different. I don’t remember being asked who I wanted to come,” said Mark Kerry, a senior biology major from Monroe. “I would have chosen Hinder.” The Fray will hit the stage at 7 p.m. Friday, April 27 at the Monroe Civic Center.