Martin’s shooter will face justice one day

Srdjan Marjanovic
From left to right: ULM students Jonathan Turner, Jakodi Davis and Ricky Jackson, all of whom are highly successful students, demostrate a man cannot be judged based on the clothing he wears. A bullet symbolizes how something so small can cause so much damage.

The controversy surrounding Trayvon Martin’s shooting death has been swirling the past month. No matter who was at fault in the case, the unrighteous won’t live long.
New details are uncovered daily while others are being corrected or confirmed. People don’t know for sure what to think. To me, though, it’s simple: Be true.
Concerns shouldn’t be about race. It should just be about a lost life. If Martin was in the wrong, obviously he lost his life. But shooter George Zimmerman will face justice one day, too.
What went wrong the night Zimmerman shot Martin to death was Martin wearing a hoodie. If Martin didn’t wear the hoodie on his head, Zimmerman would have been able to identify the teen and keep his curiosity.
Because Zimmerman was so curious, he found himself in an altercation, killing a resident’s child.
Zimmerman is out of jail because of Florida state law, which justifies the use of deadly force when you are: trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm; trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
Despite the laws of the land, people are pushing for Zimmerman to be charged for murder. Can’t blame one for self-defense, but the details the police have given suggest another motive.
Zimmerman told the operator he was following Martin. The operator clearly told him he did not need to do that. In the background of the 911 tape, I could hear what sounded like running feet and Zimmerman breathing hard, as if he chased after Martin.
After hearing the tapes, I read that Zimmerman was let go due to self-defense.
Now, is that a misunderstanding? I really don’t know because I am often misunderstood. Does that make me the crazy one because other people might not get me?
“I am infuriated,” said Oprah Winfrey, as if she is Lady Liberty herself. “I am infuriated.”
Just like Winfrey, people across the nation are angry about what is seen as justice in America. People have been rallying to support the “I am Trayvon Martin” campaign -ULM had one.
To me, Zimmerman made profiling a factor when he got out of his vehicle and moved toward Martin. Also, the call shows despite Zimmerman’s concern for safety, he confidently sought after Martin, even after the police operator recommended he not. Why wasn’t Zimmerman afraid? Because he knew, if worst came to worst, he had a gun.
Because of Zimmerman’s confident attempt to serve justice, he killed an innocent kid. In America, cases like these show why we must distinguish with dark ink the difference between right and wrong.