VAPA presents guitarist Emmanuel next month

Certified guitar player Tommy Emmanuel will perform at ULM’s Brown Auditorium on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 7:30 p.m.

Ticket availability is limited, and the show is expected to sell out quickly. There will be no “will call” reservations.

Limited VIP tickets are $100. General admissions tickets purchased in the VAPA office are $25. General admissions tickets purchased online are $27.50. Online tickets can be purchased at vapatickets.ulm.edu.

Emmanuel is a world-renowned musician who has received two Grammy nominations as well as having received the honorable CMA Global Country Artist of the Year Award.

Emmanuel received the “Certified Guitar Player” title for his role in ‘fingerstyle guitar,’ which is where all 10 fingers are used. Only four other people in the world are known to also share in this style.

Multiple online sites shared this raving review. “…run, do not walk, to a Tommy Emmanuel concert near you. True happiness is in tragically short supply right now, all over the world, but you will definitely find it there,” Richard McFalls, Cactus Café Show Review, said.

The conert is being presented by the School of Visual and Performing Arts.

According to Derle Long, the director of VAPA, the mission of VAPA has been refocused. One of the mission statements is “to offer curricular, co-cirricular and extracurricular opportunities for all students enrolled at ULM,” Long said.

For more information contact the VAPA office at 318-342-1414.