What’s in for fall; latest fashion trends of the season

This year, it’s all about colors and textures. If you loved the neon colors in the summer, don’t hang them up just yet.

Neon is hotter than ever, and having a neon color like lime or coral in a pattern gives a great pop of color to any outfit. Other colors like navy, burgundy and forest green are going to be the colors for fall, according to Marie Claire magazine.

You can also incorporate color into your wardrobe by adding a colorful necklace, tights or handbag.

Think heavy, bold textures to help add definition and personality without overdoing it. Look for velvet, leather pants and tweed pea coats this fall. Military style jackets are also going to be popular, as well as trench coats.

If leather is going to be big, so will animal print. Leopard print bags with bright colors like turquoise will be very popular. Don’t be afraid to use animal print in a top or even a jacket. Accent your funky leopard with some skinny jeans and leather boots with cable knit socks pulled over.

Jarred Keller, a senior mass communication major, is looking forward to both new and old styles.

“Retro keeps coming back right now, and you see a lot of girls in old school high waisted denim,” he said. “I really like wearing colored pants with button downs.”

Other students, like Amanda Zotzky, a senior mass communication major, are excited about wearing neon for the fall.

“I love anything that has bright colors or pink.” said Zotzky. “I’m not sure which trend will catch on the most on campus because so many people have many different, awesome styles.”

So this fall, mix it up a bit and don’t be afraid of color. Keep in mind the classics like jean jackets, scarves and braided belts. Think about your personal style and how you can change it up with the hottest trends.