Local clothing shops offer alternatives to chain stores

For students tired of shopping at the chain stores in Monroe here are a few local clothing stores in the area.

“K-Sera” on Trenton Street in West Monroe has a lot of clothes available for girls. This shop sells some of the latest trends like animal prints, skinny jeans and wedge booties.

Guys can shop at “The Toggery” on 18th Street in Monroe for brands like Southern Tide Polos and Mountain Khakies, which is a jean line for guys.

“I like to shop at ‘River Outfitters’ because they are one of the few retailers in Monroe that sells brands like ‘The North Face,’ ‘Southern Tide,’ and ‘Vineyard Vines.,”Nick Vargo, a junior construction management major from Bossier City, said,

“Bayou Gypsy” is located on Tower Drive in Monroe. This story currently only sells clothes and jewelry for girls but is about to open another shop called “Bayou Beaux,” which will sell clothing for guys.

“Salt and Pepper” is located on Trenton Street in West Monroe. This store sells vintage clothing, purses, shoes, jewelry and even furniture. Emily Moore, a senior graphic design major from Swartz, said she likes to shop at “Salt and Pepper” because they have “decent prices and a huge selection that can essentially fit anyone’s styles.”