Fall TV: Shows to watch for

1: Vegas: Premieres Sept. 25 at 9 p.m. on CBS

“Vegas” has been getting a lot of buzz recently because of one actor in particular – Dennis Quaid. This show is about the city’s start in the late 1950s and the rough and deadly transformation from desert to oasis.

2: The Neighbors: Premieres Sept. 26, 8:30 p.m. on ABC

This show asks the question, “How well do you know your neighbors?” For Marty (Lenny Venito) and Debbie Weaver (Jami Gertz) they may not want to know. They soon find out their “neighbors” are aliens trying to adapt to suburban life on Earth. They both help each other with the struggles of family and marriage, realizing they aren’t so different after all.

3: Revolution: Airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on NBC

All technology and electricity is gone, or that’s what the remaining people on Earth are led to believe. Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) is a girl in search of finding her kidnapped brother Danny (Graham Rogers) with the help of her uncle Miles (Billy Burke). Along the journey they hope to destroy the militia that captured him and figure out why all power stopped.

4: Breaking Amish: Airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on TLC

“Breaking Amish” takes viewers into the lives of five young ex-Amish adults on their search for self-discovery. This controversial show explores the lives of Jeremiah, Kate, Abe and Sabrina, and the difficulties of their religions while trying to achieve their dreams.

5: 666 Park Avenue: Premieres Sept. 30 at 9 p.m. on ABC

Everyone knows there’s a dark side to appartment life, but is it supernatural? “666 Park Avenue” invites you to stay and enjoy everything you’ve ever wanted, but you can never leave. This sexy and thrilling new drama stars Vanessa Williams and Gavin Doran.

6: Go On: Airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on NBC

After the recent loss of his wife, widower and radio host Ryan King (Matthew Perry) is forced to go to grief counseling by his boss. There, he encounters many people who all have emotional issues of their own. Unfortunately for King, the last thing he wants is to talk about his feelings. The show pokes fun at therapy and how we all deal with loss differently.

7: The New Normal: Airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on NBC

Forget white-picket fences and coming home to the misses. “The New Normal” humorously exposes the new kinds of families in America. David (Justin Bartha) and Bryan (Andrew Rennells) are partners, looking to start a family of their own. Single mother Goldie (Gloria King) becomes their surrogate after moving to Los Angeles with her daughter to start a new life.

With funny one-liners and touchy subject matter for some, “The New Normal” shows just how traditional a non-traditional life can be.

8: Nashville: Premieres Oct. 10, 9 p.m. on ABC

Rayna James (Connie Britton) has built her career around her love of country music, but times have changed. Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) is the new hot, young face of Jaymes’ label trying to steal her spotlight. This show packs a lot of drama, reminding viewers that fame isn’t easy. You have to fight to stay on top.