ULM preps for Super Warhawk Weekend

Its origins were simple enough.

Looking for a way to promote Warhawk athletics, ULM came up with the concept of hosting a weekend event centered around the Maroon and Gold spring football game.

Thus, Super Warhawk Weekend was born, a one-stop-shop for all things ULM sports. In the five years since its inception, it’s become one of the biggest events on campus.

“This is one event we hold on campus that our fans and alums circle on their calendar to attend,” athletics director Bobby Staub said. “It’s caught on and gotten better every year.”

The event takes place March 22-24 and includes a plethora of activities, kicking off that Friday as ULM baseball begins a three-game series with Troy at 6 p.m.

Saturday’s marquee events include the La’Louisianne Crawfish Boil from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., the Maroon and Gold game at 1 p.m., Warhawk baseball at 4 p.m. and the NPHC Greek Step Show at Fant-Ewing Coliseum at 6 p.m.

Following the Maroon and Gold game, ULM football players will be signing autographs at 2:30 p.m. in the north end zone of Malone Stadium.

The event concludes on Sunday with ULM’s final baseball game against Troy.

All activities can be attended free of charge except the baseball games and the crawfish boil.

Baseball tickets are available starting at $10 for adults and $5 for youth.  ULM students get in free with ULM ID.

The cost to attend the crawfish boil is $25 per person.

“We see this thing continuing to grow,” Staub said. “I anticipate us having a great turnout.”