Lett taped by NFL Films

ULM received some exposure from the National Football League this weekend as NFL Films came to document defensive line coach Leon Lett.

The documentary is a part of the weekly show “NFL Films Presents”, which gives an inside look on the league itself.

“We’re always looking for interesting ideas for stories, and he certainly has a compelling one,” NFL Films producer Mike Wimmer said.

Lett, a former defensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys, is in his first year coaching the Warhawks’ defensive line after serving as a voluntary assistant at UNLV.

Lett is best known for his three Super Bowl Championships with Dallas in Super Bowls XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX. After 11 seasons in the NFL, Lett retired as a member of the Denver Broncos in 2001.

“We just wanted to put him in a new light,” Wimmer said. “He clearly has done a lot more with his life than just those two plays. Just as a player, he was a much better player than that and as a man, he’s done a lot more. He’s gone back to school and he’s helping out the community in Dallas, Monroe, in his hometown, and in Las Vegas.”

The episode with Lett is scheduled to premiere on Dec. 7 on ESPN2 at 12:30 a.m. and will air during that week on ESPN2 and the NFL Network.