SGA wraps up last meeting

SGA promoted holiday festivities and previewed spring activities on campus at their last meeting of the semester Tuesday. As of this final meeting, all RSO scholarships have been awarded for the fall, and SGA now holds a budget of $83,362.94.

The meeting included a promotion of the 12th annual Holidays at ULM event, which will take place Nov. 25 in Brown Auditorium starting at 5:30 p.m.

Various ensembles from the School of Visual and Performing Arts will perform traditional Christmas carols.

The tree lighting ceremony will follow the concert, and campus will be officially lit up for the holidays. Hot beverages will be provided.

SGA also promoted events at the meeting for the spring semester. Senator Chelsea Wyatt discussed the Mardi Gras Ball that SGA will host.

SGA President Adrian LeJeune, a senior toxicology major, encouraged students to participate.

“That is usually our biggest one out of the two balls that we put on, because more students come to it. It’s really fun to get dressed up. Presenting the court is a big attention drawer too. If they are interested, I definitely encourage people to run for Mardi Gras court,” said LeJeune.

Mardi Gras Ball will take place on Feb. 12 before Mardi Gras break. Elections for the Mardi Gras court will begin soon after the start of the spring semester.

Other events addressed at the meeting include the Congressional debate with run-off elections on Dec. 6 and upcoming Who’s Who elections.