Students settle into new spring semester

Students began the new semester with move-ins and refreshed schedules. Bria Savage retrained herself for the fresh semester, picking up old habits and routines.

“When I go home I’m used to my mom cooking for me and doing my laundry, now I have to get used to doing it myself again,” said Savage, a senior kinesiology major.

Savage said that returning to routines can be difficult, but it is a part of growing up.

“You have to manage your time. Cooking means doing dishes, which means less time for homework. But you can’t just make a mess because you have roommates to think about,” Savage said.

Formerly a resident of Commons I, Savage said that this is her second semester living in the Campus Apartments.

“There’s a maturity there that wasn’t in Commons. It is much quieter, a much calmer place to live,” Savage said.

Kelsie Wright was glad to move from her old dorm to the new this semester.

“I moved from Masur Hall to Commons II this semester. The people in Masur were very inconsiderate to other residents, and it was disgusting,” said Wright, a freshman pre-pharmacy major.

Wright said that there were many bathroom issues in Masur.

“My dad helped me move everything in and out of my rooms so it was easy. I find that it is easier to live in this dorm with all of the extra room and our own bedrooms. I really like it here,” Wright said.