Women win squeaker

A game that saw both teams hold double-digit leads, ULM was able to outlast South Alabama Saturday at Fant-Ewing Coliseum.

The Warhawks held a 12 point lead with 6:35 left in the second half before a South Alabama run capped off with a Breanna Hall three would put the Jaguars just one point behind. A Daja Chase free throw and a missed jumper from South Alabama would seal the game for the home team.

Head coach Jeff Dow said that the team definitely struggled, but he hopes that the team will learn something from this game.

“A few little out of character mistakes, but hopefully it’s one of those we’ll take away something from it the next time we’re in that position,” he said.

The Warhawks are now 9-11 with a 5-6 record in conference.

The Warhawks rebounding effort proved pivotal as it allowed the team to record 16 second-chance points compared to the zero of South Alabama. ULM led the rebounding margin 38-24.

Senior center Sharnice Brooks once again led the way for Warhawks as she recorded a team-high 12 points on 6-12 shooting.

Brooks was joined by Alayshia Hunter and Christina Gray in double-digits. Hunter accounted for 11 points while Gray tallied up 10.

The Jags jumped out to the early lead, gaining an 11 point lead with just over 10 minutes left in the first half.

The Warhawks would come back to go on an 11-1 run that would give ULM a five point advantage at the half.

ULM will now focus on a road trip to UALR Thursday and Georgia Southern Saturday.