Einstein Bros. preparing for departure

The SGA has confirmed that Einstein Bros. Bagels is being removed from the Student Union Building.

Many students have signed a petition to keep the restaurant in the SUB. Petitioners even attended an SGA meeting to gain support.

However, the petitioners don’t have near the amount of signatures  they would need to even be considered.

“We still have the petition but we won’t do anything with it. The administration has already made up their minds,” said Lacey Lombardo, a sophomore communications major.

Lombardo said she doesn’t see why the restaurant is closing.

“They are constantly busy and have great food. It may be a little pricey to some students, but it’s still good,” said Lombardo.

Many students expressed that they want to keep Einstein’s in part because it provides a good place to get quality breakfast food.

“I’d rather keep it around because Subway isn’t open for breakfast, and honestly I don’t really want a sandwich or anything fried for breakfast like what you get at Chick-Fil-A. I just hope that they replace it with another breakfast place,” said Lauren Townsend, a senior toxicology major.

Einstein Bros Bagels is scheduled to close in May, at the end of the current semester.

Students are now focusing on trying to get something good to replace Einstein’s.

It has been discussed by the SGA, but nothing is certain right now.