Throwers come home with gold

Discuss thrower Alexis Gordon winds up during the UCA Open last weekend. She won the discuss competition.

Warhawk throwers came up big in the UCA Open last weekend.

Led by sophomore Alexis Gordon, the Warhawk throwers tallied four gold medals. Gordon won first in both discuss and hammer throw. She threw a personal record of 50.62m to take gold in the hammer throw.

Joey Womack threw the javelin 60.82m to take first in his event. Mi’Ca Lowe matched his medal on the women’s side, throwing six meters farther than any other athlete in her competition.

The only other gold for the Warhawks came in the women’s 4×100 relay. The team of Victoria Bowie, Ke’Andrea Wilson, La’Porcha Griggs and Devyn Hosby won first with a time of 46.74.

Andrew Tate grabbed a second place in the 400m sprints with a time of 47.84. Andrew Phillips scored a bronze medal in the 400m hurdles.

Kyle Weiss continued his freshman campaign with a silver medal throw of 14.76m in the shot put.

The men’s long jump brought a bronze medal to Jemal Parharm Jr. Lebrun Nelson grabbed a third-place finish in the triple jump.

Last week’s Sun Belt Conference Field Athlete of the Week Adriunna Brown scored a second-place finish in the long jump.

Rychlend Martin-Horne took bronze in the high jump, and Kristin Baudoin finished in a tie for the runner up spot in the pole vault.

Ariel Cain grabbed silver after running a season-best 14.73 in the 100m hurdles. Ke’Andrea Wilson finished in second place in the 100m.

ULM finishes the regular season at the Leon Johnson Invite hosted by Northwestern State. The team will then gear up for the Sun Belt Conference Championships in Gulf Shores, Ala. on May 8.