Men’s golf struggles through Sam Hall Intercollegiate Tournament 3 rounds

After three rounds at the Sam Hall Intercollegiate tournament, men’s golf finished with a combined team score of 890 (+38) and 14th place.

The event was hosted by Southern Miss at the Hattiesburg Country Club and was held Monday and Tuesday.

Despite a strong second round and 21st place individual standing by Blake Traweek on day one, ULM sat in 14th place.

Traweek was followed by Hogan Arey in 47th, G.K. Morisson in sixtieth, and Velten Meyer and Micah Rodgers in 67th.

The first round saw Rodgers, Traweek, Arey, and Morrison shoot a four over par 75.

Traweek opened the front nine with an even par 35 to lead the Warhawks but stumbled in the second to  to +4.

Traweek made up for a lackluster back nine to open by striking the ball well in his second round of the day.

He finished at a three under par 68 leaving him plus one on the day. He stood in third in number of pars with 26.

A rare eagle by Arey highlighted the rest of the day. It came on a par 5 17th and was only nine eagles made on the day.

Going into the third and final round of the tournament team posted a score of 297 to cement the Warhawks fourteenth place finish.

Blake Traweek shot a third round 73 in the tournament to finish 29th overall and lead the Warhawks.

McNeese took first place with an overall team score of 829 and 23 under par.

Oklahoma State Cowboy Robert MacIntyre took top individual honors with an overall score of 199.