Football has success ahead

The Warhawks fell for the fifth straight time this year losing to Idaho 27-13.

The loss highlights the youth and inexperience on the roster especially in the recieving core.

With senior Rashon Ceasar out the wide outs have had difficulty remaining on page with their quarterback which has resulted in costly miscues.

The team also has to take advantage ofchances in the redzone and convert those into touchdowns.

ULM went one of four on scoring touchdowns in the red zone which led to settling for two fieldgoals.

The team has faced a difficult schedule thus far facing two power house SEC schools in Georiga and Alabama.

ULM has also had to contend with three of the top five teams in the Sunbelt Conference in Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, and Idaho.

Looking ahead the schedule strength softens a bit with games against Troy, Texas State, and Nex Mexico still to go.

The Warhawks will have to strentghen up their defensive play though if they’d like to see positive outcomes.

Defensively ULM has seen their oponents avergae 36.6 points a game converting on 81% of their redzone attempts.

These deficiencies need to be shored up on the line and in the secondary as 18 of those touchdowns have come through the air and 14 on the ground.

On the offensive side of the ball ULM has struggled to establish a consistent run game.

In only three of seven games this season has ULM gone over 100 yards rushing.

With a talented but young quarterback and recieving core still finding its way it’s imperative the run become more reliable.

The task should become easier as the road ahead looks less daunting.

First the Warhawks must get through a ULL team that is currently fifth in the conference.

ULM has struggled on the road and is currently 0-4 on the season.

ULL comes into the game having lost 3 out of their last four.

In a loss last week to the Arkansas State Redwolves the Cajuns allowed over 300 rushing yards on the ground.

If the Warhawks can buckle up on defense and establish a strong running game then a win can be had in Laffayete.