Brilliant brains battle at the business bowl

“Bragging rights,” is what Michelle McEacharn, Director for the School of Accounting, Financial and Information Services and coordinator of the Brain Bowl, said the most important prize to the champions would be.

The College of Business and Social Sciences hosted its annual Brain Bowl to kick off the Business Symposium.

The Symposium came about to bring the Alumni back and to help students get acquainted with them.

“It’s a fun event. We want to give it a fun kick off,” McEacharn said when asked about how the event was turning out.

All the schools within the college of Business and Social Sciences competed in the event. The Schools of Accounting Financial and Information services, Management and Behavioral and Social Sciences each had two teams competing.

The School of Construction Management and the freshman Business 1001 class each had a team.   

Medallions for second place, small trophies for each student of the winning team and the big trophy will be displayed at the school of the winning team for a year.

The Bowl was run in a Jeopardy style, where the group chose the category and value amount.

Topics ranged from Inside Cybersecurity, Government and Politics, Construction Tools and Equipment and NASCAR Driver Sponsors.

The Brain Bowl serves as the kick starter to the Symposium and allows the students to participate in some healthy, fun competition.