Fall enrollment continues to grow with 2 percent increase

ULM Fall enrollment has gone up once again.

The university recorded 9,290 students for its Fall 2017 enrollment. This is a 2 percent increase from Fall 2016 enrollment of 9,115.

ULM now represents students from 48 different countries and 43 different states apart from Louisiana.

“I have come to ULM because I heard wonderful things about ULM from the students in my university in South Korea who already had been part of exchange program here. It has been a month that I am here, and I have no complaints whatsoever,” said HeeJoon Jung, a junior social science major from South Korea.

Jung also said that he would not be surprised if the enrollment number increased in the coming semesters.

Angel Nicole Yeager, a senior marketing major who transferred to ULM in 2016, was ecstatic about the increased enrollment news.

“ULM is a great campus, and the rise in enrollment indicates that our university is getting recognition that it deserves,” Yeager said.

Yeager, who also works on campus with the Office of Student Life and Lifestyle, said more students will ensure more ideas and more involvement on campus and different student organizations.

She said she is expecting ULM to be more vibrant this semester than it was ever before.

Ayush Mainali, a senior computer science major from Nepal, expressed his excitement on the growth of the reputation of campus.

“Be it faculty members, staff or students, it is obviously great news for everyone involved at ULM,” Mainali said. “Despite the increase in enrollment, I hope the university will ensure the classes to be small. I definitely do not want the student-faculty ratio to go up.

The university also saw an increase in eULM enrollment.

The eULM program saw a 3 percent enrollment increase from last year.

graphic by Siddharth Gaulee