Students welcome Dr. Bruno to the campus

[imagebrowser id=11]

President Nick Bruno has definitely stolen the hearts of the staff and faculty at ULM as he greeted many of them personally by name.

President Bruno and his family met with students, faculty and staff from the University on Tuesday, November 23, 2010, as they were officially welcomed the to the University. The meet and greet was held on the first floor of the SUB in the commuter lounge from 8- 10 a.m.

Several students as well as faculty members from all across the campus came out to support the Bruno family and to ask any questions they had never had the chance of asking.

Dr. Bruno, his wife Linda, and their two daughters shook several hands and eagerly participated in any conversation that came up. They also answered various questions concerning their personal lives as well as their future plans.

Brooke Dugas, a senior biology major from Franklinton, said despite the weather and the meeting being so early, there was still a great turn out. “I am excited that so many people want to get to know the president,” she said.

President Bruno said he has enjoyed himself at the university so far, and is looking forward to the upcoming semesters. He plans on getting to know as many students and faculty as possible.

“I may not remember every name but I plan to remember as many as I can,” Bruno said. “I truly appreciate all the love and support that I have received,” he said as he hugged various students.

“The thought of having a new president was unsettling at first,” said Devon Washington, a junior from Shreveport, “However, Dr. Bruno has made a great impression by building several different bonds with us so quickly,” she said.