‘The Rite’ gives viewers a fright

The new horror film “The Rite,” starring An­thony Hopkins, Colin O’Donoghue and Alice Braga, is a good choice for horror fans across the board.

The movie tells the tale of American priest, Mi­chael Kovak (O’donoghue). He is sent to Italy by his seminary professor to participate in a class that teaches priests how to exorcise demons.

Michael came from a family of morticians and decided that seminary school was his only exit out of a life he no longer wanted a part in.

Anthony Hopkins plays the role of Father Lu­cas, an exorcism professional and the priest Mi­chael is sent to assist in his dealings with the pos­sessed.

Alice Braga plays the role of Angelina, a reporter who travels to Rome to investigate the validity of exorcisms and their effect on the individuals in­volved.

She meets Michael in a class and quickly be­comes entangled in the web that begins to spin around him.

The graphics were amazing, and the acting was nothing short of what’s expected from the ranks of Anthony Hopkins.

The movie was rated PG-13, which was horrible because the things that viewers are accustomed to flowing out of the mouth of the possessed were not present.

Prepare yourself for a good scare and thought-provoking ideas as the movie takes you on a spiri­tual journey into the realm of “El Diablo.”