Hair did, nails did, everything did

By the third week of class, most of us upper-classmen have our classmates pretty well sized up. The first-week-back outfits, hygiene and hair are starting to slack, except by one special type of ULM student: the Miss Lookin’ Perfect.

The general makeup of 1000- 2000 level and elective classes seems surprisingly repetitive.

You’ve got at least one Type- A female up front with color-coordinated supplies, a late guy who always has on head phones with a jacket advertising candy, an athlete in house slippers, a Greek, a mom with lots of kid stories and, my favorite, Miss Lookin’ Perfect.

I’m talking about that girl in the freshest outfit every day. Ear­rings match the necklace, shoes match the purse, hair fixed, of­ten in heels for no occasion.

I want you to know that I like what you’re doing.

It is borderline altruistic be­cause it just makes ULM a bet­ter place to be. When people walk around campus, you’re like an educational ornament. You’ve slightly improved the life of every guy you pass that gets a moment to admire the beauty of God’s greatest work of art, the female body.

That’s how you improve my life. Strictly speaking, If I get at least two flirty smiles, it is worth rolling out of bed for an hour and 15 minutes of exposure to some inconsequential subject like African Cultural Dance.

Miss Lookin’ Perfect exudes self-esteem. If you’re looking good, you’re feeling good. This creates a personal confidence that carries into everything you do. When you feel like you’re looking sexy, you’re less likely to hold poor posture or eat un­healthy. You’re less concerned with the things about your per­ceived physical flaws and more likely to be outgoing and social­ly received.

I’ll never forget my Spanish 102 Miss Lookin’ Perfect. Dark skin, beautiful eyes, great hair, but what really set me off was the selection of skin coverings she pulled off.

Every day something unique and beautiful adorned her body and every guy in the room ap­preciated it.

Your personality is projected through your style. Although the way you dress doesn’t define you, it’s the means by which you introduce yourself to the world. When there’s no style, there’s no individuality or personal expres­sion. The courage to step out of the masses and claim a look that expresses yourself is the most at­tractive aspect of style.

Ladies, I know looking as good as you do isn’t easy and it makes me appreciate you that much more.

The way those tight jeans cling all the way down to your leather boots, you got it going on and it just ain’t right to put that out of sight.