Warhawks add 6 to recruiting class

Jonah Bostick, Sports Editor

Pull up a couple more chairs for the ULM 2023 football recruiting class. Two high school commits, and four transfers recently signed with the Warhawks as they add to their roster.

Qway McCoy: Linebacker (6-1, 190 lbs) | Colquitt County High School

McCoy produced 66 career tackles, with six tackles for loss and three sacks for a combined 14 yards. He also recorded one interception and three pass breakups. He may not possess the current weight of a linebacker, but he can get behind the line of scrimmage and play well in coverage.

Jessaia Moala: Linebacker (6- 1, 213 lbs) | Layton Christian Academy

Though Moala is listed as a linebacker, he was a two-way player in high school, playing running back as well. He recorded 3,367 yards rushing with 42 touchdowns in two seasons. On the defensive side of the ball, he produced 78 tackles, with five tackles for loss and three sacks. He was named Deseret News 1A Player of the Year in 2022. His knowledge of running the ball will help him make plays on defense.

Donell Harris: Defensive end (6-4, 210 lbs) | Transfer from Texas A&M

Harris originally went to Texas A&M as a four-star recruit in 2020. Lost in the mix of defensive linemen, Harris decided to enter the transfer portal. At Gulliver Prep in Florida, he made 60 tackles with 19 sacks in 2019. He was named 5A-2A Co-Defensive Player of the Year and played in the 2020 All-American Bowl in San Antonio. He is a high-profile signing for the Warhawks with the talent to make a big impact.

Max Harris: Safety (5-11, 215 lbs) | Transfer from Incarnate Word

Harris played nine games in the 2022 season for the Cardinals recording 26 tackles with 2 1/2 tackles for loss. He is a good coverage safety with the ability to blitz. He also played running back in high school and produced 734 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns over two seasons. He was First Team All-District in high school.

Bud Tolbert: Wide Receiver (6- 2, 191 lbs) | Transfer from Middle Tennessee

Tolbert played 11 games in 2022 and caught 14 passes for 113 yards. Before that, he played two seasons for Jones College, where he recorded 1,051 yards off 62 receptions for 11 touchdowns. He provides depth for the receiving corps.

Tristan Wiley: Wide Receiver (6- 3, 202 lbs) | Transfer from Air Force Academy Prep School

Wiley played tight end in five games in 2022. He played for Ouachita Christian, where he recorded 2,997 yards and 35 touchdowns. He had a single game where he recorded six receptions for 242 yards and six touchdowns. He possesses a big play ability and can get open down the field.