CAB announces concert lineup

Cameron Jett, Editor-in-Chief

The stage is set for ULM’s first Spring Concert since 2018, and now ULM students know what artists to expect when the curtain raises.

The Campus Activities Board announced on Friday the three-act lineup for the March 23 concert at Fant-Ewing Coliseum, with R&B artist Jacquees serving as the event’s headliner along with opening acts Mariah the Scientist and HD4President.

The self-proclaimed “King of R&B” Jaquees has had three singles on the Billboard Top 100, all of which were certified platinum. 

The event marks the first Spring Concert back inside the coliseum since 21 Savage’s performance in 2018 and the first announcement since Hunter Hayes’ 2020 concert was canceled due to the pandemic.

CAB Treasurer Carlos Moses said  this “truly feels like an accomplishment” to have this concert on campus.

“Since I came into college during the COVID year, I understand how much it means to be out of the dorm or the house and engaging with other students,” Moses said.

Following Friday’s announcement, tickets went on sale online at Eventbrite, and they offer exclusive discounts for ULM students, faculty and staff. 

General admission tickets are $5 for students, $10 for ULM faculty and staff and $20 for the public. Floor tickets are $10 for students, $15 for faculty and $20 for the public. 

As of publication, these tickets are still available, but the VIP package that offered a meet-and-greet with the artists sold exclusively to students sold out in the first two days, according to Eventbrite.

For the opening acts, Moses sad HD4President and Mariah the Scientist have complimentary styles that help build the concert atmosphere.

“HD4President was a must-have for our opening act,” Moses said. “He brings a hype vibe to the crowd that gets people off their feet.”

Contrasting to the opener, Mariah the Scientist brings a lower-tempo style of performance.

“Mariah provides a soft, soothing vibe to match a melodious flow with the heart of her crowd, which will give the students a chance to feel real emotion,” he added.