Green’s hitting streak ended

Hot hitting pulls ULM over Southern Utah in doubleheader

Corbin Green walked into game one of the weekend doubleheader against the Southern Utah Thun­derbirds, riding a 12 game hit­ting streak. Green would go 0-for- 2 in game one and just like that, Green’s hitting streak was no more. Green’s streak ended at 12 games on Saturday after he failed to get a hit for the first time this season; it didn’t slow down the other Warhawk bats.

Though the streak was over, ULM wouldn’t need a hit from Green, as he would score the win­ning run in the bottom of the eighth.

Jeremy Sy batted into a field­er’s choice to second base with the bases loaded. This resulted in an unearned run being scored after a fielding error by the Thunderbirds, which ended the game with a 4-3 walk-off victory.

In game two of the Saturday doubleheader, the Warhawks put on an offensive show by scor­ing in double digits on the way to a 17-8 victory. It didn’t take long for Green to get back in the hit column as he went 4-for-5 with two doubles and three RBIs in the game. Caleb Clowers had a big day as well going 3-for-6 with four RBIs and falling a triple off the cy­cle. Pitcher, Brent Gay also picked up his first career win after 22/3 innings of relief for starter Randy Zeigler.

Saturday night’s win put the Warhawks at 9-5 on the season, and they have won seven of their last eight games. Conference play will kick off Friday night at home against the rival Ragin’ Cajuns from Lafayette.