Recent on-campus changes you might have missed

HUB changes hours
HUB changes hours

Look no further than the HUB if you need a latenight snack. ULM Dining Services announced that the HUB is extending the hours of two locations: Subway and Flip Kitchen.

Subway is now open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Before the hours changed, Subway only stayed open until 7:00 p.m. on weekdays, according to the ULM Dining Services website. Subway will now be open on Sundays from 5:00 – 11:00 p.m. instead of closing all day.

Flip Kitchen closes at 7:00 p.m. instead of 11:00 p.m. on weekdays. Fans of Flip Kitchen will now need to go to Subway to gorge on gourmet sandwiches or pizzas.

“When I arrived on campus, Tommy Walpole, Thomas (my predecessor), and our district marketing manager were having meetings with a group of students to talk about dining services options,” Food Service Manager Timothy Colley said. “The focus was on late evening options and a place for students to gather and study or just socialize.”

The employees at ULM Dining Services are open to any suggestions from students about the HUB’s hours of operation. Be sure to visit ULM Dining’s website for more information.

Suitable replaces Wingspan
Suitable replaces Wingspan

It’s out with the old and in with the new. The Division of Student Affairs upgraded Wingspan, the website where RSOs posted about upcoming events and activities. Now, all RSOs are required to use Suitable to notify students.

Suitable is a mobile app that allows students to earn points by attending events on and off campus. Students compete for the top spot on a leaderboard with the possibility of winning prizes.

Suitable also makes tracking student attendance easier for RSOs. Instead of showing event passes, students can now scan a QR code to enter events.

“We are thrilled to roll out the upgraded wingspan experience, now on the Suitable app,” Vice President of Student Affairs Valerie Fields said.

ULM PD implements parking changes
ULM PD implements parking changes

To park or not to park, that is the question. ULM PD instituted a few changes where students and faculty can park on campus over winter break.

At Kitty Degree Hall, the police sectioned off areas of the parking lot specifically for faculty. Commuters had been parking in the faculty parking spaces, leading to confusion among faculty, staff and commuters.

The parking lots surrounding Stubbs Hall used to be available to all students after 2:00 p.m. ULM PD pushed back this time to 5:00 p.m., providing more parking to commuters with classes in the late afternoon.

Most notably, all “any permit” lots have been eliminated apart from the parking area by the ULM police office. All lots are divided into zones designated for residents, commuters, visitors and faculty.

“Even though a lot is open to any permit, within the lot, there are still zones,” ULM Police Lieutenant Casey Baker said.