CAB, SGA release tentative Spring Fever Week schedule

Relive the discos of the ‘70s, rock’n’roll of the ‘80s and hip-hop of the ‘90s during this year’s Spring Fever Week. CAB and SGA recently released a tentative schedule for ULM’s week-long celebration, which will last from April 8-12. 

Spring Fever Week remains a staple on ULM’s campus, often acting as the highlight of the spring semester. CAB President Carlos Moses explained why CAB continues to host the action-packed week, especially at the tail end of the semester. 

“CAB hosts Spring Fever every year around spring break to re-engage and energize students as the semester nears an end,” Moses said. “Additionally, it offers students who are not able to travel for spring break to still have the opportunity for fun activities.”

On Monday, CAB will be hosting Early 2000s Trivia Night. Students will answer questions about the 2000s, ranging from pop culture to politics. The top winners will receive prizes and, more importantly, bragging rights. 

The following day, the students will compete against faculty in a kickball tournament. Students can let out their aggression over a semester’s worth of difficult exams and 8:00 a.m. classes while kicking the ball out of the park or sliding into home base.

CAB collaborated with Skatetown for an ‘80s-themed Skating Night later Tuesday night. Wearing neon pants and shoulder pads, students can skate the night away to the hits of 1980s rock bands.

Thursday consists of a 1970s silent disco. Unlike the discos of the 1970s, students will dance to music played on headphones or AirPods. CAB challenges students to dress in ‘70s attire, complete with turtlenecks and bell bottoms. May the best-dressed win.  

Rounding out Spring Fever Week, 31 Ambassadors will sponsor an Oozeball competition. Teams of students slip and slide in the mud, playing an intense game of volleyball. Year-long rivalries will come to a head at this year’s Oozeball tournament as students compete against friends and family. Students uninterested in playing can attend the CAB crawfish boil occurring during Oozeball at the beach volleyball courts. 

Unfortunately, CAB will not be having its annual Spring Concert. Moses mentioned that CAB lacked the funds necessary for a spring concert.  

“We will not be putting on a concert this year because we simply do not have the funds to put one on this year, but we are hoping to build up our reserve monetary funds to use for a concert-style event next year at some point,” Moses said. 

SGA and CAB, the two largest RSOs on campus, describe Spring Fever Week as a way to engage with students on and off campus. SGA President David Hernandez discussed why RSOs continue to sponsor events such as the Week of Welcome and Homecoming Week.

“University life involves much more than just academics, and Spring Fever Week is one of those memorable activities that I encourage everyone to take part in,” Hernandez said.