Warhawks fly high at home

Warhawks take advantage of home track in Warhawk Classic

The ULM Track and Field team ended their regular season on a high note at the Warhawk Classic as they took home 22 titles. ULM faired very well in the competition with many Warhawks setting sea­son best or personal best records.

Junior Luther Ambrose set a season best long jump with a leap of 6.74 meters. Ambrose also won the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.49s. .

Senior Moses Chelimo won the men’s 1500-meter run with a time of 4:05.53s. Josh Howard set a per­sonal best 15.37 meters to win the triple jump. Sophomore Clint Broussard won the high jump with a mark of 1.93 meters.

Seniors Jarvis Mansfield and Jestin Miller set season best in the 110-meter hurdle and the 400-me­ter hurdle respectively.

On the women’s side, Senior Lakeitha Elmore won the shot put with a throw of 14.71 meters. Senior Britni Jenkins won the 100-meter dash in a time of 12.06s.

While sophomores Jacobi Wil­son won the 400 meter dash in 55.16s, Alexis Smith won the tri­ple jump with a leap of 11.83 me­ters, Madeleine Robertson’s 1500 meter-run and Jasmine Garcia’s 800 meter-run won with times of 4:58.19 and 2:25.95 respectively.

Nefertiti Beckett won two titles: the 100-meter hurdle and the high jump. Sophmore Celeste Rumphs went home with a title in the long jump with a jump of 5.53 meters.

The women’s 4×400 meter relay team won their event with a time of 3:55:05s. The women’s 4×100 meter relay team won in a season best 46.45s.

The Warhawks will spend the next two weeks preparing for the Sunbelt Championships.