The time is now, football to take it all

Browning, ULM primed to win 1st SBC title, bowl bid

Music soul legend Sam Cooke taught me to believe in change. No matter how long the wait, change is going to come. President Obama also assured me change I can believe in. Because of them, I wait patiently for the year ULM wins the Sun Belt Conference title and plays in a bowl game. My gut tells me I don’t have to wait much longer.

Quarterback Kolton Browning will lead ULM to a conference title and a bowl game in his second year at start. After a solid first year behind center, Browning looks to have more success through the air.

Head coach Todd Berry said he is extremely pleased with Browning through the pre-season.

“He has really matured an awful lot from last year,” said Berry.

This team is predicted to tie third in the Sun Belt Conference Pre-season poll. The ranking is the highest since joining the conference in 2001.

Wide receiver Luther Ambrose, offensive lineman Ryan McCaul, defensive end Ken Dorsey and safety Darius Prelow were voted to the Pre-season All-conference team.

Ambrose led the team with six receiving touchdowns last season as a junior.

He also competed this summer on the track and field where he brought home several gold medals. In the offseason, the speedy receiver added weight to get stronger on the football field. I believe he may get attention from NFL scouts in his senior year.

Sophomore Centarius Donald is running hard out of the backfield. Along with Jyruss Edwards, Donald gives the Warhawks offense a dual- threat offense. They can attack through the air and on the ground.

Dorsey, who was voted permanent captain by his teammates, is no teddy bear. He led the team with 13 tackles for lost of yards as a junior and has gotten stronger in a year.

It’s been three years and a long time coming, but I know change is going to come. Oh yes it is. The Warhawks will win the SBC title and play in a bowl game.