Prestige licence plate sold to promote Warhawk pride, fund scholarships

Above is an example of the Warhawk licence plate available from the La. Department of Motor Vehicles. Ninety-six percent of money raised goes to ULM scholarships.

Warhawk fans in the SUB were offered an opportunity last week to purchase a ULM prestige license plate. Ninety-six percent of the money raised from the plate sales was allocated to the ULM Alumni Foundation Scholarship Fund, which assists future Warhawks in reaching their academic goals.

Student Government Association members and employees from the La. Department of Motor Vehicles put the new plates on vehicles with the assistance of Priscilla Turner, ULM’s Special Events Coordinator.

The license plates were displayed for public viewing outside the SUB and captured the attention of motorists who were able to drive away with their new plates in 15 minutes.

Pharmacy major Emily Cook said, “I can’t think of a better way to demonstrate my Warhawk spirit. They look awesome!”

Some ULM faculty members shared their excitement.

Dr. Rebecca Stephenson, a recently tenured English professor, said, “I’m sick and tired of all the LSU plates on campus. I’m going to proudly display my ULM license plate to counter all of these out of place LSU plates. I’m here. I’m a Warhawk.”

Motorists will increase awareness of the university while ensuring the vitality of the ULM Alumni Foundation Scholarship Fund.

ULM license plates are still available. Visit http://www.ulm.edu/alumni/licenseplate/ or call the Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles at (225) 925-6371 and ask for the ULM prestige license plate. Vehicle registration is required.