STYLE SHOW

The Career Connections office and Campus Activities Board joined forces in this year’s style show to demonstrate for students the do’s and don’ts of business attire.

The show combined elements of fashion and business in attempt to create an educational experience for over 500 people and help students gain a trendy advantage on the professional world.

Kyle O’Neal, coordinator of academic internships, said that some students have the notion that business dress is abnormal but hopes the style show will help defer such thoughts. The show was broken down into six different categories: career fair, interview, business lunch/dinner, sporting/charity event, conference/convention and banquet.

Whether it was business casual or formal, each category attempted to offer a certain flare while also giving examples of how to look the part.

The style show served as an eye opener to many soon to be graduates by showing them how to properly tackle the professional world.

Senior social work major Chelsea Carodine felt the show was informative saying, “I am a social work major, and now I can know how to approach an interview.”

Career Connections hopes that students will take the basics they have learned from the style show and apply them to the Career Fair being held in October.