Soccer finishes season winless in conference-play

Soccer head coach Stacy Lamb looks at her team on the field.

Soccer head coach Stacy Lamb said Wednesday she is not concerned with her job security, despite the team going winless in Sun Belt Conference (SBC) games in two consecutive seasons.

“ULM is where I want to be. This is my home, and I believe in the direction we are going in,” Lamb said.

Lamb finished her 11th season as head coach Friday, losing against ULLafayette 4-0. The loss marks the second- consecutive winless conference season for the soccer team.

“As a team, I don’t think anybody would change a thing about this year,” Lamb said. “Except for injuries, and it takes time to get younger players where they need to be.”

The team failed to win a game in conference-play, but they played very close games, and took one game into overtime.

“There was a point where I was upset, and had a lot of anxiety about it,” Lamb said. “But at the end of the day if my best wasn’t good enough, I can live with that.”

This season set the foundation for the team, as they will have an experienced roster set for next year. Only two seniors leave and the team expects a full roster return next season.

Freshmen Taylor Bonetti and Alyssa Wooden led the team this season in goals scored respectively with 15 and 11.

But, health played a major role in the team’s lack of success.

Lamb said, “Once we would finally get into a rhythm, somebody would have a significant injury.”