I’m just doing my job seeking the truth; nothing personal

I, as sports editor, cannot and will not be censored for or by any one.

Censored meaning, no one will tell me what and what not to publish. I make those decisions.

My job is not to always make ULM look like a perfect place; however it is to find the truth and give readers peace at mind in the sports world.

Firstly, I hope you understand there is nothing personal against any one, and I am just doing my job: reporting news.

I know what news is, and when I hear it and can confirm whether the story is true or not, I will run it.

I run “good news” all semester long about each sport, but when a coach resigns, or a player is released from a team, am I supposed to ignore that as if it’s not news at all?

I actually had a coach tell me that what I ran as news, “was not news.”

The coach, whom I will not name, told me that people aren’t interested in it and won’t read it.

I understand you have dirty laundry that you are ashamed of, but people like dirty laundry.

Know that there is no such thing as “bad publicity.” All publicity is good, because it gives your fans and supporters a sense of the team’s personality. It connects the fans and the players.

I am not writing just to stir the fires either. I look for answers and solutions.

I strive to present information from an unbiased view, and if it seems otherwise, it’s because that’s the information I have.

Being asked to just let things “go away” is absurd.

If you were asked to throw a game, intentionally losing, you would hate it. To me that’s disrespectful. This is how I earn my living, and put food on the table. I will not miss a meal for you.

I will continue to run the “truth.”If you decide not to comment on a situation because it will “give the university a bad look,” then that’s your decision.

Just don’t expect me to do the same, since you aren’t the ones paying my bills.