Soccer coach resigns; team looks to move on

Bonetti, Lindsey show mixed feelings toward Lamb’s resigning

The resignation of soccer coach Stacy Lamb stirred a lot of emotions in the community. Lamb’s resignation came after finishing a second-consecutive winless Sun Belt Conference season.

Despite the losses, the team excelled in many other areas and was rebuilding.

“I was shocked,” freshman Taylor Bonetti said. “I didn’t think she was going to resign.”

Bonetti led the team in goals this season with 15, and expects to finish her career at ULM.

Junior goalkeeper Hannah Linzay said, “I think it was coming, we haven’t produced.”

In the past five seasons, the soccer team has only eight conference wins. The eight wins is the lowest amount of wins by any SBC school during that time.

Linzay said, “I think we have the talent, we just need a coach to come in and mold the talent.” Linzay transferred from LSU to join the program under Lamb’s leadership. Although Lindsey had personal reasons to join ULM’s soccer team, she came to win.

“Coach Stacy is a great person, but we didn’t come here just to play for a coach we like,” Linzay said. “We came here to win.”

Since Linzay’s arrival to the program, the team has not won a conference match. She does not like that.

“I’d rather get a coach I hate and win, than have a coach I like and lose.”

Lamb brought good pieces to help build this losing program, especially in the past two seasons.

Bonetti said, “The team will stick together, and we have Aaron; which is a good thing.”

Assistant coach Aaron Cline will serve as the interim coach until further notice.