NBA’s ‘Lin-sanity’ must stop

Every time I hear something about this Jeremy Lin guy, it makes me want to go insane. I guess I should say “Lin-sane.”

All the hype is surrounding a guy who likes to be called “Super Lin-tendo.” I used to love Nintendo games when I was growing up, but because of Lin, I hate to hear it. I cringe when I hear him being called “Super Lintendo”

or “Lin-credible.” The “Lin-sanity” has to stop. Now.

The NBA and sports world have gone bananas over this Asian-American point guard for the New York Knicks.

He graduated from Harvard with a degree in economics and has become the face of the NBA leading his team to six straight wins. He did it without star forward Carmelo Anthony showing he has NBA talent.

Lin is only being celebrated because he is such a rare commodity. His statistics are good, but not great. Not great enough to get this much attention. He’s become the NBA’s version of Tim Tebow.

There are real teams doing great things in the league right now, but are overshadowed by the “Lin-sanity.”

Never have I been more happy for a team to lose, but I was pretty excited to see the New Orleans Hornets snap the Knicks’ streak. Not because I’m not a Lin fan, but because I’m an Anthony fan.

If the Knicks would have been undefeated when Anthony returned from his injury and lost a game, Anthony would have gotten the blame for it. I didn’t want to see Anthony get the heat for something like that.

Lin is a good player. He has more skill at his position than Tebow does at quarterback.

One of my problems is why is he getting so much air-time. We all like success stories, but the Knicks don’t even have a .500 record. Where’s the success in that?

Now Lin is hyped up and is confused. He thinks he is the real “Linsanity.” No, he’s not. Dallas Mavericks guard Vince Carter is the original. We called him “Vinsanity” way before Lin came along.

Lin wants to copyright the term “Linsanity.” You shouldn’t be able to trademark what’s not yours, but he will get away with it just because people have really gone “Lin-sane.” It shows what the world has become.