New eateries close to campus to accept Warhawk Express

Students who are frustrated with spending extra cash at local eateries near campus are in for two new treats.

Fieldhouse Bar and Grill and Body Cafe are giving more options to ULM students. The Fieldhouse began accepting Warhawk Express on Aug. 23.

“We hope to attract more of the campus’ students, since we now accept Warhawks Express,” said Samantha Ashcraft, a Biology pre-med senior from Ponchatoula.

Jennifer Hill, a recent mass comunication graduate said, “A majority of the staff here are students, or former students, at ULM and we are all in agreement that it is a great place to work and an even better place to eat.”

The Fieldhouse accepts Warhawk Express just like a credit card. Students 21 and older are even allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages with their Warhawk Express card.

There are TV’s located throughout the restaurant so  guests can enjoy great food without missing the news or their favorite sports games.

Another new edition in the food industry will be Michael Vicari’s Body Cafe.

On Oct. 2, it will have a grand opening. Although Vicari’s main focus is trying to get the restaurant up and running, he is still trying to get a machine that will accept Warhawk Express.

Vicari said, “We serve breakfast and lunch and have smoothies and salads. We focus on fitness and wellness.”

He continued, “I hope that Body Cafe can be a place for students can come to grab a healthy bite in between classes,” said Vicari.