Dating coach gives advice

RJBrown

Everyone spends time looking for that special someone. Whether you are a college student, or someone deep in their career, it’s hard to avoid the idea of love. Dating/relationship coach Daniel Packard made his appearance at ULM during Greek Week to share with students his insight on how to be in the “perfect relationship.” Many students attended the show hoping that Packard would reveal his secrets.
Packard travels to many conventions and colleges to share his simple message in a new, fresh way to people looking for a new perspective on relationships. He has embarked in a long journey trying to analyze how to be in the perfect relationship.
“The true message of my show is to be yourself.” said Packard. “Fear is what is keeping us from love.”
He explains relationships will only work through self-expression. It is also important to remember that God has made us all perfect. Packard was interactive with both boys and girls who attended the event. He had a number which students could text during the show and share their ideas and opinions for everyone to read.
Toxicology major Chelsea Triche from Zachary said, “The best advice I learned is to be yourself and drop the insecurities.”
It is not our fault, reminds Packard, that we do not always know who we are. As humans, we need each other and we need to work together. Packard covers the basics of human impulse, differences of the sexes, and the tactics of rejection through his hilarious, dry sarcasm.
“I simply learned to stop trying to figure out women,” said Psychology major Kyle Mitchell from Kilborne.
Daniel Packard was chosen as Canadian College speaker of the year and is currently working on his new Broadway solo show, “The Love Group Sex Therapy Show,” which he hopes to inspire new viewers with. He’s given more than 500 performances on four different continents.