Too extreme for theme

CAB prepares for amped-up version of Spring Fever

If you need some action, look no further than ULM’s Spring Fever.
CAB members named this year’s event “Too Extreme for a Theme,” a homage to the week of edgy activities CAB hopes will push the envelope. The events begin next Monday.
Some of those activities include a zip line, bungee jumping, laser tag and a mechanical bull. The popular oozeball tournament is also slated to make a return.
“Everyday there’s something extreme going on,” said Chelise Saunier, CAB’s Spring Fever Week committee head. “We wanted a theme we could incorporate throughout the week, and this one does it.”
CAB Pres. Ben Young said the theme received unanimous support from the organization.
Saunier said it takes about four months for Spring Fever to come together. CAB spends that time finding vendors and bidding out prices for things they will sell. They also meet with various campus organizations to try to get as much student involvement as possible.
“It’s good when you have other groups help with the planning,” Saunier said.
Though an intramural volleyball tournament is scheduled for Saturday, the last major event of the week is Friday with the annual spring fever concert. Rock group The Fray headlines this year’s concert.
Unlike previous years, the concert will be moved to the Monroe Civic Center instead of the Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
Young said the move was to help keep costs low and to ease competition between Delta Fest.
“We always compete, so what better idea than to throw one big concert,” Young said.
Tickets for the concert are still available but are selling steadily, Young said. Students still get special pricing for the concert despite the venue change.