Tiger Woods needs to be Casanova to get wins

Watching Tiger Woods struggle with that putter for the past three years is getting tiresome. Ever since the golf-club-through-the-back-of-the-SUV-window incident that we all know about, Woods’ success rate has dramatically decreased.

I don’t know if he still has nightmares about the incident and that is causing his late round heroics to disappear, but seeing a guy like Bubba Watson rally to grab a green jacket and Woods finish 40th was just tough to handle at this year’s Masters.

If Woods wants to return to his old form, then he needs to get his groove back socially. Go back to being the ladies man – clearly that’s when he had the most success. Besides, there is no way a guy of Woods’ talent professional career can be in ruins because of personal mistakes. Look at Michael Vick. He served jail time, and he still was able to return to the NFL and be the same old Vick. Woods has suffered his consequences through public scrutiny and divorce from his wife, so he should not let the past haunt him the way it has been. Use that for motivation to do better as a person and an athlete.

A man isn’t secure in his own skin if his social life isn’t thriving, and I’m sure that since the divorce and the numbers of women coming out about affairs with Woods, his social life has decreased. But, Woods should let that propel him. He’s free, and besides, I just hate seeing the person who peaked my interest in golf fail.

We are at our best when we are out having fun. No worries, no thinking, no nothing. Just play and be happy, both on and off the clock (in Woods’ case on and off the course).

If he wants to surpass Jack Nicklaus in All-Time PGA tour wins and All-Time Major wins he needs to hang loose. He needs to go back to laid-back Tiger and just get his stroke on, on the course and off.

What he did then was morally wrong, but now it is not because he is officially single. And, his ex-wife has moved on after that $100 million  settlement. So, Tiger what the heck man? You’re free, and you should start playing like it.

I was happy to see him win the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club in March because he needed that for his self-esteem. In sports, the game is mostly mental, and with that win under his belt, I just knew that the old Tiger was back. And maybe he is, I just couldn’t tell from his dismal performance at the Masters.

But, I will never count Woods out of any competition. All it takes is a pretty day and great night before, and he will easily own the leader’s board. Woods is good enough talent-wise to pass Nicklaus for second All-Time, but will his mental lapses prevent him from going down as the greatest golfer in the sports’ history?

For Woods to regain his success he just needs to do what the old Tiger did to be successful – have fun and be the Casanova he really is.