Gun control, more than fanciful appeal

How badly can a conversation end?

The exchange of a few words with the occasional stare is the worst to imagine. Right?

But now, for a moment, put guns and ammunition into the ploy.

It changes everything, doesn’t it?

A few stains of blood here and there, corresponding to a scary, loud scream is what my mind came up with.

Was yours similar?

I bet the awkward first-imagined scene pales in comparison to the second!

Let’s not fool ourselves into believing that individual guns in individual’s pockets is the best measure of security our nation can employ.

But maybe, I lied. Maybe, my mind never came up with any scene of imagination at all! People lie all the time. But numbers don’t!

Stats reflect that the number of deaths via privately owned firearms in other so-called powerful nations beside the United States remains low. 

Meanwhile, here in our own backyard, it has jumped up to tens of thousands.

What can be expected if among a group of five individuals, one happens to have equipped his back pocket with a shotgun?

Can’t you feel the wave of insecurity on the rise already?

Now, here is the problem. What about the four unarmed individuals and their loved ones?

But, for every problem there lies not a solution but a set of solutions. This problem’s solution is no different than our very imagination which can be twisted and judged on more than one facets.

This is where the mind gets divided and philosophy gets influential.

Some folks propose a solution which, according to them, could minimize the damage.

They ask for the remaining four to be equipped as well. According to them, that would erase the sense of insecurity.

On the other hand, individuals such as myself can’t help but propose that the gun be stripped off the equipped person.

Back to imagination, what do you think would be a more rational decision – to reduce the number of guns to zero or to increase it by four?

The numbers have changed with time, which has to be taken into account as well.

What was the situation like when gun control was first implemented? Is it the same today?

It was first implemented when a few but the great departed.

At present, every life matters!

No one is any less important than another!

But the death of greats such as John F. Kennedy, John Lennon, etc. triggered the sense of necessity among people regarding gun control.

Should it be any different when youths across the nation lose their valuable lives to guns today?

Who is to blame for death by gun?

Maybe, it is the imagination to blame; especially of those law-makers who not even in their dreams imagined this situation to arise!

If one’s fate is to be determined by firearms, I believe not everyone who owns guns are capable enough to judge rationally.

If our nation is expected to prosper when the number of guns exceed the number of citizens, which is a near future reality, all I can say is, “May God bless America!”